Are you able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a multi-disciplinary team; provide a high standard of service delivery and clinical outcomes within budget, whilst complying with relevant legislation and regulations? Then this role is for you.
Position Responsibilities –
The position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the ward/unit to complement the strategic direction, operational processes, budget and business direction of the hospital/facility.
You will provide operational direction for the unit/ward to ensure efficient and effective management of the area and coordinate the delivery of nursing care that is evidence based. In addition you will be accountable for the effective management of human, financial and material resources and ensure customer service is maintained at optimal levels.
You will undertake direct patient care as required providing guidance and support to less experienced members of the nursing team.
Darwin Private Hospital, part of the Healthscope Group of Hospitals, is a 108 bed hospital. It is the only provider of private hospital services in the Northern Territory.
- · Current Registration with AHPRA
- · Working with Children check (if relevant)
- · Previous experience at NUM level or equivalent
- · Experience in the Acute setting
- · Degree in relevant specialty area
- · Compliance with ACQSHC National standards
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · A strong commitment to developing in a management role
- · A commitment to a high standard of clinical and customer focused care
- · High degree of computer literacy including MS office and various data basesAbility to work cohesively within a team environment
- · Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- · Demonstrate a sound knowledge base in labour management
- · Demonstrated HR management experience
- · A management degree or working towards